CARE Pest Vancouver is the first company to use a unique electric heat process in BC, referred to as Thermal Remediation®, for the complete elimination of bedbugs. Heat is an innovative, eco-friendly and extremely effective approach in the ongoing battle against bedbug infestations.
Why Use Heat?
The Temp Air Bedbug Heat System is a proven method to get rid of bedbug infestations.
If you’re a homeowner, property or hotel manager, or anyone involved in dealing with a bedbug problem
where current treatment methods are just not eliminating the bedbugs,
then you would be a candidate for a heat treatment. Heat treatments
are effective in usually one application. Heat has the ability to kill bedbugs
within seconds once exposed to temperatures in excess of 49 C or 120 F.
Some of the benefits of the heat treatment process include:
- Less use of pesticides
- Control of bedbugs within a room or unit
- The ability to resolve problematic units
- The ability to kill pesticide – resistant bedbugs
- Complete bedbug elimination of all stages of the bedbug life cycle, including eggs, nymphs and adults – therefore, in most cases, requiring only one treatment, and less disruption to occupants
- The ability for heat to find all bedbug hiding spots that cannot be accessed by other treatment methods, such as pesticides on their own, steam, vacuum or Cryonite
- The ability to kill bedbugs that hide in sensitive items, such as electronic equipment (eg. TV’s, computers and stereos), delicate fabrics or furniture that pesticides or steam cannot treat as it may damage those items
- A greener, more sustainable approach to bedbug eradication.
How Does The Heat Treatment Work?
There are three keys to a successful heat treatment:
1. Bring Heat.
3. Move Air.
1. Bring The Heat
Our electric heaters
provide a sustainable approach to killing all stages of the bedbug life cycle.
- Provide safe heat distribution, as they are regulated not exceed 57C or 135F
- Increase room temperature at a slow and even rate, attracting bedbugs towards the heat source, thus preventing them from dispersing into neighboring rooms
- Increase room temperature at a slow and even rate, preventing damage to furniture, drywall and other items in the room that other heat systems have been known to do
- Are permitted to be used in any building, as they are not propane or kerosene powered
- Are powered by a generator that is parked outside your building in a sound insulated trailer
- Are capable of reaching suites in buildings 25 storey’s in height
- Are UL certified.
The effectiveness of our heat treatment
is monitored with dozens of wireless temperature sensors, which transmit temperature data back to a remote computer terminal. Monitoring:
- Ensures all areas or “zones” within a room, including furniture, closets, box springs and any other potential bedbug hiding places are brought up to lethal temperatures of at least 49C or 120F
- Ensures temperatures never exceed 57C or 135F
- Allows us to record all temperature data at regular time intervals for all zones within a room for continual and post evaluation reporting for our technicians, supervisors and clients.
3. Move Air
Once a room is heated to lethal temperature to kill bedbugs,
the heat needs to be moved around, similar to a convection oven, in order to distribute the heat
into all the hiding spots where bedbugs may be harbouring. We use high temperature fans to move heated air throughout the bedbug infested space, ensuring it gets into all cracks and crevices and high infestation zones. With the gradual elevation of the temperature we can maximize our chance of success for complete bedbug elimination.
To further monitor our results, we will provide a follow-up inspection using CDC Monitors” and/or our K9 inspection team (See Bed Bug Sniffing Dogs)
. at least 72 hours after the treatment A full report of our findings, including treatment and inspection reports, will be submitted to the homeowner, property or hotel/motel manager for their records. This controlled source of heat
is more efficient and effective than any other options in the market. For more information on killing bedbugs with Thermal Remediation Click Here
CARE Pest & Wild Life Control is a leader in pest control, providing green options, innovative solutions, quality work and competitive pricing since 2000. Contact us for the treatment of bed bugs today.